|Thursday, December 18th, 2008|
|Thursday, June 19th, 2008|
The Dirty Thirty unknown facts/secrets about yourself [with boring question deleted]:|
2. When was the last time you shaved your legs?
3. What were you doing this morning at 8?
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
watching/mocking some horrible reality show with jeff
5. Are you any good at math?
7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
10. Last thing you received in the mail?
phone bill yaaay
11. How many different beverages have you drunk today?
iced cap, water.
12. Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machines?
13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
ummmm, can't really remember. bryan adams?
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
15. What's the most painful dental procedure you've had?
having two molars dug out of my jawbone bc. they were not in the right position/were in danger of causing horrible infections/bleeding.
16. What is out your back door?
a parking lot/the police station
17. Any plans for Friday night?
18. Do you like the ocean?
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different kinds of popcorn for Christmas?
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
22. Something you are excited about?
warm weather and the beach and biking and general summer things
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive?
no...none of my grandparents are either
25. Describe your key chain:
it's from the diefenbunker! amazing.
26. Where do you keep your change?
in a big glass vase/jar thing
28. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was your first thought?
2. What's a word that rhymes with "DUCK"?
7. What shirt are you wearing?
grey and pink dc shoes
8. What were you doing 20 minutes ago?
same thing as 15 min. ago
9. Name the brand of shoes you're currently wearing?
10. Dark room or bright?
12. If you're in a room with two beds, which one do you sleep on?
the one with the most pillows
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
playing magic cards haha
15. How do you like your eggs?
sunny side up
17.Who told you he/she loved you last?
18. Last furry thing you touched?
a doggie outside today (yes, I'm the crazy person who stops to pet every dog/cat on the street)
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
20. How many rolls of film do you need to develop?
23 What’s your desktop picture?
it's from a photo series called silent world by michael kenna
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"I loves you bunny"
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly, which one would you choose?
26. Do you like someone?
27. The last song you listened to was . . .?
carousel by iron and wine
(comment on this)
|Thursday, May 8th, 2008|
SEVEN THINGS YOU WILL FIND IN YOUR ROOM:|
1. a bed
2. some plants
3. lots of clothes
4. a couple of dressers
5. a tv
6. a mirror
7. a boyfriend
SEVEN RELATIONSHIP QUESTIONS:
1. Do you like anyone? yes
2. Does someone like you? yes
3. Last kiss? three hours ago
4. Been led on? nope
5. Been cheated on? nope
6. Want a relationship? def.
7. Wanna get married? sure
SEVEN THINGS YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT:
2. my parents
7. fresh air
SEVEN OTHER THINGS - DO YOU:
1. Believe in God? no.
2. Had a dream come true? nah.
3. Read the newspaper? I read the news online everyday
5. Have a best friend? yup
6. Hold grudges? yeah
7. Wish on stars? nah
SEVEN HAVE YOU EVERS:
1. Fallen in love? yes
2. Kissed someone of the same sex? yes
3. Hooked up with someone who had a gf/bf? no
4. Been to a bonfire? hell yes, they rock
5. Ran away from home? no
6. Played strip poker? no
7. Pulled an all nighter? yup...the first complete one of my life was last march, thanks to quebec history
SEVEN THINGS IN THE LAST 24 HOURS HAVE YOU:
1. Cried? no
2. Had fun? yes
3. Been hugged? yes
4. Felt stupid? no
5. Talked to an ex? no
6. Missed someone? yeah
7. Listened to music? yes
SEVEN BANDS/SINGERS YOU REALLY LIKE AT THE MOMENT:
1. david bowie
2. iron and wine
3. sam cooke
4. elvis presley
5. billy bragg
6. the rural alberta advantage
7. leonard cohen
[I deleted like three sections to make this more efficient]
SEVEN MOVIES YOU LOVE:
1. girl, interrupted
2. a beautiful mind
3. the general
4. the ciderhouse rules
5. the dreamers
6. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
7. the notebook (awwwwww)
(comment on this)
|Tuesday, March 4th, 2008|
You Are a Crossword Puzzle
You are well read, and you have a good head for remembering facts.
You are a wordsmith. You have a way with words, and you're very literate.
You are a mysterious person who enjoys dropping little clues every now and then.
current mood: sleepy
(comment on this)
|Friday, February 29th, 2008|
1. Have you kissed anyone 3 years or more older then you? Yup|
2. Do you like '08? No. it’s been shitty so far. Like, super shitty.
3. What are you planning on doing this summer? Working.
4. Sunrise or Sunset? Sunset.
5. How many people can you completely trust? Two.
6. What kind of phone do you have? A rotary-dial (vintage- probably 50s-60s)...that’s why I’m amazing.
7. What time did you wake up today? 8ish
8. What would you do if your best friend went out with your ex? um
9. Pick one: green or gold? Green
10. What are you going to do tonight? Essay essay sleep.
11. What are you wearing on your feet? Moccasins made by a real live Indian (seriously, it said so on the label)
12. What's your favourite sucker flavour? Lime.
13. Do you like anyone? I do. He’s a’sleeping in our bed room all cute-like.
14. Have you ever fallen for your ex's best friend? Ha.
15. Are you a myspace addict? Nope.
16. What are you doing/did this weekend? Essay-ing. Watching documentary about Chinese punk music. Going to the Trent Film Society sushi-and-movies thing (which looks sweet btw)
17. Does the person you like, like you back? He does.
19. What was the funniest night of your life? Probably playing drinking trivial pursuit in residence and running around outside.
20. Is there anyone special on your mind at this very minute? My dad and mum.
21. Is music your thing? It’s less my thing than all the people I know that are in bands, so comparatively no.
22. Favourite song? I’m going to say Holland, 1945 by Neutral Milk Hotel
24. Do you like taking pictures? Sure.
25. Do you like heights? Nope.
26. Why did you take this survey? The cool kids are doing it.
27. What's your cell phone ring tone? Nope.
28. Are you outgoing? Not...really.
29. Do you want to go to college? This is designed for 14yo girls y/n
30. Do you know how to keep a convo going? If I’m feeling gracious.
31. Can you listen to songs OVER AND OVER AND OVER again? No. Albums yes.
32. Do you like the rain? No, I hate it.
33. What did you have for dinner? Tea. Whoops.
34. Do you want or have a GRILL? Like a BBQ? That would be sweet. If not then idgi.
35. Have you ever cried yourself to sleep? Nope
36. Do you like your family? Yeah, they’re sweet.
37. Have you been to a concert? Of course.
38. Do you like food? As much as the next person I guess.
39. What time is it? 1109
40. Is your life complete? Not really, but it’s pretty good.
41. What are you listening to right now? Nothing
42. Your cell rings, you want it to be...? ...
43. Do you wish upon a star? Nope
44. Were you ever with someone completely opposite of you? Right now. I guess not completely opposite, but close.
45. Have you ever had a crush on someone that was in a relationship? Nope.
46. Do you want to get married? Sure.
47. Have you kissed someone in a restaurant? Yes.
48. Do you care if the person you like drinks? Nope.
49. How about smoke? Nope.
50. Have you ever been called a tease? Ugh, yes. By boys who can’t tell the diff. btw. ‘friendly’ and ‘please try to get in my pants’
51. Last missed call was from? ...
52. Do you miss a past friendship? Nope.
53. Do you like getting massages? Actually, not that much. I love giving them though, it calms me more that getting one.
54. Who do you like at the moment? Everyone.
55. Who was the last person to prank phone call you? Haha, no idea.
56. Who is your favourite teacher of all time? I’m going to stick to profs and say J. Ammirante, D.C. Belanger and J. Wadland tied. High school was too long ago.
(comment on this)
|Sunday, December 9th, 2007|
|Thursday, August 16th, 2007|
10:37 pm - notice a difference?
|Thursday, May 10th, 2007|
6:07 pm - lists lists lists
Making a class schedule...this is the best part of school! |
POST 309- Law and Constitutional Issues (I dropped this one last year, but just because I needed to lighten my load in order to not have a breakdown- I really did like it!)
POST 333- Political Theory (Intermediate) (Love love love political philosophy classes!)
POST 317H- US Politics (Meh...I do wish J Ammirante was still teaching at Trent, to make it a little more fun though)
CAST 302- Canadian-American Relations Since 1776 (lame new pre-req course)
CAST 356- Landscape, Wilderness and the Critical Topography of Place (hell yes, losing my cultural studies virginity)
CAST 3503- Canadian Literature: Genre (maybe...?)
[done]Shani Mootoo- Cereus Blooms at Night
[done]DH Lawrence- Sons and Lovers
[done]Carol Shields- The Stone Diaries
[done]Margaret Laurence- The Fire-Dwellers
Ann-Marie MacDonald- Fall on Your Knees
Robert Kroetsch- But We Are Exiles
John Steinbeck- The Grapes of Wrath
Hugh MacLennan- The Two Solitudes
James Joyce- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Michael Cunningham- The Hours
Emily Bronte- Wuthering Heights
Gloria Steinam- Marilyn: Norma Jean
W Somerset Maugham- Cakes and Ale
Victor Frankl- Man's Search for Meaning
Dee Brown- Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee
John Milloy- A National Crime
Pierre Vallieres- White Niggers of America
And probably some others, that I don't have in my possession right now. Jeff and I were out walking yesterday and found boxes of books on the curb...I picked up 10+. Jerks, haven't they ever heard of donating instead of throwing out?
(8 comments | comment on this)
|Sunday, May 6th, 2007|
8:22 pm - you're sick of all this repetition
jeff and i are all moved into our new apartment and it's going swimmingly. it is cute, and so are we. i will take pictures soonish. i plan on spending the next month and a half reading in the sun and watching movies and being a 'housewife.' that is all.
(comment on this)
|Monday, April 23rd, 2007|
5:58 pm - to do:
today: stop watching ugly betty and study you stupid girl.|
tomorrow: study some more, exam @7pm, drinks and fancy desserts after?
wednesday: to deep!
thursday-sunday: play with puppies and kitties....i guess that's it, nice.
monday: drive to peterborough, pick up keys from f @3pm
tuesday: moving day!
(comment on this)
|Wednesday, April 11th, 2007|
7:35 pm - nuclear power: it's iran-approved
|Sunday, April 8th, 2007|
won the sampling keyboard, success! now to arrange shipping....ugh.|
the passover sader at jeff's aunt's was fun. lots of sweet sweet jewish food. played with his adorable little cousin (nephew?), met a bunch of his relations. they're cute. went shopping in toronto too, mostly record and vintage clothing stores on queen st. didn't buy anything though.
argh, final essay this year is a thorn in my side. anxiety etc. going on my third cup of coffee of the night.
current mood: blah
(comment on this)
|Wednesday, April 4th, 2007|
10:24 pm - ends up like a tramp
leaving tomorrow for passover. very nervous about meeting jeff's extended family. glad to be getting away for a few days though.|
one of my dogs just had crazy surgery. he's doing ok now. he had some sort of disgusting infection which i will not detail here. poor fella.
sometime between now and next week i need to write a paper, about the anti-terrorism act, m. attiah and how he was fired from aecl. it's institutional ethnography bitches. yeaaaah.
bought some tea tree oil today. it smells so good.
psych. upped my meds and gave me something to combat insomnia (melatonin and tradazone/trazadone/we) he's good people. really funny and calming.
current mood: eep
(comment on this)
|Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007|
7:38 pm - battles
+trying to win this:
...in an ebay auction, for my darling boy. it's an eighties casio sampling keyboard. it's to be a birthday present. stupid ebay and its making me refresh over and over. and stupid shipping costs from the states. but it'll make him happy, so i'll cut you if you outbid me *shifty eyes*
+injun paper is done. 44 footnotes in 10 pages. nice.
+got rid of four (!) bags of clothes today, donated to good cause (diabetes association)...picked up right from my doorstep, nice.
+tried to pet the neighbour's cat this morning. it ran away. jerk.
+raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiin go away.
(comment on this)
|Friday, March 23rd, 2007|
2:13 pm - somebody's gonna get it
god, it is so beautiful outside today. sunny and windy and damp.|
i could never be a teacher. i'm in the trent mentoring program, and i got matched with a philosophy 100 student. trying to help him with his paper. so frustrating. ahhhhhhh.
got an email from camp. they want me to start early, on may 7. i don't want to. my contract doesn't start until june, so i can tell them to shove it. i just might (in nicer words). i have plans. i'm going canoeing with my family. i'm playing house. i don't wanna work *whine*
(comment on this)
|Monday, March 19th, 2007|
Essay break! Fuck, I'd forgotten how much I hate writing English papers....|
1. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? I will
2. What song describes your relationship status?
3. How much does your dog weigh? ummm...they all weigh around 60-80lbs.
4. Are you a heart breaker, or the heart breakee? neither
5. Ever waxed your legs? nope, that's whack.
6. Earrings or necklaces? both.
7. Who have you talked to most today? I have literally spoken to no one today.
8. SEX!? is life-affirming.
9. Friend of the opposite sex that lives closest to you? ugh, can't calculate distance right now.
10. Color of your shirt? black.
11. How many years have you taken a language? french...uh, dix ans
12. Who's on speed dial 5? huh
13. What color is your background on your computer mainly? it's a lot of colours
14. Do you wish on 11:11? nope
15. Good advice if you ever go camping? don't whine or i'll feed you to a bear. suck it up.
16. Are you a bad influence? not particularly
17. What color are your eyes? grey
18. Would you rather have your name or your siblings name? no siblings.
19. Would you do anything for someone? i would do a lot for many people...but no.
20. Have you ever been called a whore? i don't think so
21. Favorite color? red
22. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot? ironically
23. What song is on? the tragically hip- goodnight josephine
24. Are your grades good? yeah
25. Do you have any friends with benefits? nope
26. Does your best friend have a facebook? yup
27. Who's page did you last visit? my own :)
28. Last time you went out to lunch? last week- curry village
29. Do you watch the Gilmore Girls? god no.
30. Have you ever enjoyed listening to Jack Johnson? ha.
31. Have you ever watched the O.C and enjoyed it? nope.
32. Do you have one or more Britney Spears C.D? nope.
33. Which radio stations are your favorites? oldies 1310 in ottawa...and the cbc
34. Are you a Lost fanatic? nope. got over that show fast.
35. How many in your cell contact list? no cell.
36. Do you have an ozzy song in your library? yup
38. Alannis Morstte? nope
39. Do you watch Family Guy Regularly? nah.
40. Favourite cat? both of mine...sylly and ollie
41. Do you read? i am literate, yes.
43. Do you sing obnoxiously in the car? nope
44. Do you sing obnoxiously in the shower when no one's home? nope
45. Have you ever watched a little kid's show when you were bored? hell yes
46. What's your favourite memory with your crush(past or present)? awww, it's a secret.
47. Did you draw pictures for your first crush back in elementary school? nope
48. Have you ever liked a girl/boy but didnt ask her/him out because you were afraid? sure
49. Have you ever written a poem or story about your life? nope
50. Have you ever spent over an hour thinking about nothing but your boyfriend/crush? that's a little creepy
51. Have you ever liked someone solely for their appearance? certainly.
52. Do you eat all the servings in the food groups on a daily basis? nope, i eat fairly well tho.
53. Are you ever a freak about cleanliness or organization? not a freak, but i like things to be clean and tidy.
54. Have you ever been to South America or Africa? nope
55. Do you know how to knit? i do.
56. Do you have a cell phone or iPod with a patterned cover? i own neither, cover notwithstanding.
57.Have you ever written love song lyrics yourself and put them in your profile? nope
58. Do you keep a diary or journal online? somewhat...not seriously
59. When you open your closet, what is the dominant color? blue or pink
60. Baskin Robins or Coldstone? baskin's
61. Physics or chemistry? chem.
62. Earphones or headphones? headphones
63. pink or teal? pink.
64. Earrings or a ring? both.
65. Commitment, or casual dating? commitment.
66. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Star Wars? lord of the rings.
67. Fly or road trip? road.
68. Starbucks or Caribou? neither.
69. What is your favorite Disney movie? beauty and the beast.
70. How much jewelry do you own? not much, most is either family heirlooms or presents from ze boyfriend
(comment on this)
|Saturday, March 17th, 2007|
|Monday, March 12th, 2007|
9:25 pm - lip service, that's all you'll ever get from me
such a beautiful day today! like, no-jacket weather! jeff and i went on a bursary-sponsored lunch-date to curry village. delicious delicious flatbread and butter chicken and red-curry shrimp with peppers. mmm mmm. and i went to y's buys and got a cute dress with daisies and a sweet vintage cardigan. and we're off to toronto tomorrow night to see of montreal, exciting! my back and chest are already so sore from shovelling snow/coughing tho, i imagine after bussing and wandering TO and going to the show and crashing on the couch (floor?) at ian's and bussing again i am going to be quite unhappy. |
2hr. presentation on fri. ugh. my group members are blonde. really blonde. paper due on tues. scary. and then two more papers. and then exams (12th and 24th of april). and then moving and playing house, and canoeing with my family, and summer camp!
magda is moving out from my parents house. i'm kind of sad. i enjoyed her living with us, but she's kind of...turned into a different person, and not really a nice one. she fights with my family, esp. my dad. i can't help but take their side. she doesn't pay for rent/food, but she doesn't help out much. she keeps adopting pets and then neglecting them (guinea pig, bunny, fishies) and expecting my parents (or me) to take care of them. meh.
current mood: chipper
(comment on this)
|Wednesday, February 28th, 2007|
one. found a job for the summer (actually just got re-hired for the same job as last summer). totally pumped about going back to camp. still have to send in my contract and criminal record check. but seems that i’m employed.
two. helped my dad start organizing a canoe trip/cookout thing for may...my family is going, and jeff, my aunt and uncle and cousins, and various childhood friends of my dad and their offspring.
three. went to see dr. nugent, got rid of the effexor for another med which is supposed to be more ‘energizing,’ seems ok so far.
four. saw lots of people that i have been meaning to see!
five. finished my bookshelf project (mostly, it needs to be varathaned) and started some new things...one of which is a scarf, yay.
one. my guinea pig and dogs died. my parents are depressed over the dogs. i don’t know what to do to help. i think i might enlist my dad in getting mum a puppy to live inside...maybe for christmas?
two. got really sick over reading break, went home and slept mostly when i really wanted to visit and frolic and be helpful to my mum. still have a bad cough.
three. skipped a counseling appt. that i really should have gone to. yeah.
(1 comment | comment on this)
|Tuesday, February 27th, 2007|
there is nothing more endearing than a half-asleep kiss in the middle of the night. ahh, being sappy is so cliche, but i'm over it. |
i watched half nelson last night. i liked it, although it was slow and full of way too much broken social scene. i like ryan gosling. i liked him before he was cool. breaker high? i say yes!
i watched an nfb documentary from sometime around 1965 about leonard cohen (in his pre-musician days). i never realized that he was bubbly and full of joy in his twenties. listening to him do readings makes me want to find more of his poetry. it's difficult to gather the motivation to analyze a work when the writer himself has such a disdain for literature in academia:
"people sitting around in small classrooms, their hands bloody with commas. they get older and the ages of the poets remain the same, twenty-three, twenty-five, nineteen."
(comment on this)